Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Depression Revisited

I read this somewhere, but I don't remember where. Anyway, I decided to try it and it works just great.

I save leftovers in a container in the freezer. When one container fills up, I start another one. Then one day, when I don't feel like making supper, I cut up some onion, carrots, celery and cook them in a big pot. Then I add all the leftovers from the freezer into the pot and add a box of chicken broth. Voila! Soup for supper!

Tonight I made soup from leftover Russian Fluff, broccoli, teriyaki chicken, cabbage, fried rice, asparagus, and stir fry pork and green beans (with lots of garlic and ginger). It was delish!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a hilarious mixture, but the more I think about it, the more I see how delish it could be!!

Anthony said...

sounds great to us!

Anthony and Sara